[text_area page_id=”5005″ column=”12″ margintop=”20″ marginbottom=”20″]This summer we brought you an Infographic about tree facts that covered topics such as the benefits of trees and the number of tree varieties in the world, etc. Now that Christmas is rapidly approaching, we thought it would be fun to put together an Infographic that highlights some of the history of the beloved Christmas Tree.
Some facts that were honorable mentions:
- The use of evergreen trees to celebrate the winter season occurred before the birth of Christ.
- Christmas trees have been sold commercially in the United states since about 1850.
- The first Christmas tree retail lot in the United States was started in 1851 in New York by Mark Carr.
- In 1900, large stores started to erect big illuminated Christmas trees.
- There are close to 15,000 farms growing Christmas Trees in the U.S., and over 100,000 people are employed full or part-time in the industry.
- It can take as many as 15 years to grow a tree of typical height (6 – 7 feet) or as little as 4 years, but the average growing time is 7 years.
Is there any fact you’d like to see? Email us and let us know!